Ecommerce Keyword Research – How to Find Revenue Driving Keywords
Digital marketing focuses on quality keywords for their content. Ecommerce keyword research might be a complicated process. It is vital to conduct keyword research around your industry and integrate them effortlessly into your platform.
How should you find valuable keywords? Will it improve your rankings on search engines?
In this guide, we will share the right strategies to find keywords that will increase your revenue.
What is keyword research?
This is the process of finding and analyzing the search terms that people enter the search engines to look for specific data. An ecommerce keyword research can help to uncover target queries, and the popularity will make ranking difficult.
The basic terms you need to understand are:
- Keywords: In the context of SEO, it is a word or phrase that describes the content of a web page or website. They are part of the metadata that helps search engines to find the appropriate search queries.
- Long-tail Keywords: They are keywords that contain three or more words. They are about 70% of the online searches which means you can increase your conversion rates.
- Search Volume: This is the number of searches people perform for a particular keyword. Ideally, you look for search terms that have higher search volumes as they help potential traffic.
- Competition: There is no point if you invent keywords that have no chance of ranking. Competition is the difficulty of ranking for a particular keyword. So choose keywords with higher search volume and lower competition.
The different types of keywords are:
- Informational: This is when users are looking for information on certain topics
- Navigational: This is by the users when they are looking for navigation or something
- Commercial: These are used when you want to purchase something.
Why is keyword research essential for the best ecommerce SEO services?
There are multiple reasons to invest in the best ecommerce SEO services for the right keywords:
- Knowing the keywords helps to understand your brand and business. It helps to target potential customers.
- It helps to focus on important information and get better rankings for your industry-related keywords.
- Deep keyword research will help you know what people are searching for.
- Search engines can only decide the ranking of your website if they know more about your business.
- It helps identify the keywords that you must use in the blogs and drive traffic to your website.
What is the guide to performing keyword research?
Make a list of vital keywords
Think about the sectors that you want to target for your business. You need to come up with the topics that bring you the best sales conversions. It would help if you used various tools to get insights about every keyword.
Perform competitive analysis
It is vital to discover the strengths and weaknesses of your competitors as it helps to create an effective strategy for your business. An SEO virtual assistant is perfect to handle this task also save you time and effort.
Categorize the keywords
Ensure that you use different keyword categories based on time, geographical location, and demographics. This helps in targeting the right people and being a lot more efficient to drive organic traffic.
Know about your niche
Before you make a final decision, it is best to optimize your web page. SEO services for ecommerce websites will help in getting new angles for marketing and building SEO strategy. Some ideas to understand your business:
- Talk to the existing customers. Discuss with them about the brand, company, service, and products.
- Try to put yourself in the shoes of your potential customers. This will help you to provide better services to your audience.
- Be a part of your online communities, social media networks, and forums. Know your brand mentions and provide solutions.
Make your goals
It would be best if you had a plan which starts by defining your targets. Some questions you need to ask are:
- Who are you?
- What makes you stand out?
- What is your platform all about?
- How are you planning to meet your goals?
Once you get the answers to these questions, it is time to specify the mission. It is vital to have a direction for your SEO strategy. Eventually, your keywords must align with your goals.
Know the search intent
Plugging in high-volume keywords ensures to boost your rankings on SERPs. Search engines use machine learning and algorithms to find search terms that users prefer for every niche. Search intent is known as the reason behind people searching for a specific item. Some of the driving factors that SEO services for ecommerce websites are focusing on are:
- Why are they looking for that specific product?
- Are they trying to find a specific website?
- What are people trying to find answers for?
- Have you decided on the key terms your audience is searching for?
Once you are familiar with the search intent of your potential readers, it will be easier to fine-tune your keyword research.
Identify the keyword opportunities
Now that you have a narrowed list of keywords, it is time to analyze them:
- What are the keywords you are currently ranking for?
- Where is your ranking on the search results?
- How many impressions have you made?
- What is the current CTR?
There are various tools available in the market that will help to increase your impressions and conversions.
How to choose the right keywords for your website?
Understand the main factors of choosing keywords:
- Relevance: Search engines rank the content with relevancy. Your content will only rank if it meets the search intent of users.
- Authority: You need to be authoritative as it carries a huge weight in the ranking. You can improve your website by earning backlinks and social signals.
- Volume: There are times your rank on the first page and still no search volume, affecting your traffic. You need to track Monthly Search Volume and improve the weak links.
Keep your content a mix of everything
You should use head terms that are shorter and generic. On the other hand, long-tail keywords are more than three words. It is important to keep a well-balanced to meet your targets. Head terms are searched more frequently, which makes them more competitive and harder to rank. Long-term keywords are more specific and usually easier to tell the people’s perspective. Check your keyword lists to ensure that you have a healthy mix in your content.
Know the hierarchy of keywords
- Primary Keywords: The main aim of using them in the title is to reflect the idea of your content.
- Secondary Keywords: They are complementary keywords with a slight variation of primary keywords. The main topic must have a handful of words that makes sense.
- Additional Keywords: These refer to other related keywords which are spelled differently or mean the same thing.
Places to use keywords
- Add relevant keywords in your meta description
- Insert keywords in your title tags.
- Avoid keyword stuffing
- Place your keywords naturally in the content piece
- Add them in the first and last 200 words
Use the keywords SEO-friendly
- Focus on 3 to 8 keywords in a content piece.
- Add them in meta title tags, page URLs, meta descriptions, title, Alt-Image tags, and headers.
- Insert keywords in the first and last paragraphs.
- Keywords must be relevant and applicable to the content.
- The meaning of the content is vital, and you should not add keywords if it does not work naturally.
What is the final take when it comes to keyword research?
- Understand the customer, why and when they are searching.
- Use tools to find the insights of keywords like search volume, traffic, and more.
- Research for keywords that will lead to better conversions.
- Determine the products and services that are popular in the digital world.
- Research for the competitive brands and firms.
- Shortlist the best keywords for each category.
- Find the ideal keywords that have higher search volume and less competition.
- Build your authority and determine your niche with the right keywords.
- Producing content that increases customer engagement.
- Relevant keywords help to engage with qualified traffic and bring you higher conversions.
- Analyzing the keywords helps to step in the current marketing trends and customer behaviour.
- Use the keywords that have a higher impact on the ROI.
- Place the keywords in the right place. This will have a huge effect on your search rankings.
What is the importance of keyword analysis?
Your ecommerce keyword research is worthless if you do not analyze its performance in the market. A perfect keyword analysis will help you in:
- Cost-Effective: You can make the right investments on the successful keywords and eliminate those not producing results.
- Increase Conversions: Identify and focus on well-converting keywords for better CRO and ROI.
- Trends: Knowledge about the search frequency helps to understand the market behaviour and target the right ones.
- Time Savior: Keyword performance helps to invest your time in optimizing the business sectors that matter.
What are the advantages of adding the right keywords?
Give a direction
Planning is the main aim of a strategy, especially when you are stepping into the online world. When you start with ecommerce keyword research, you get to know what people are interested in and move in that direction.
Find new topics
Deep keyword research gives you an idea of the things that are selling in the market. Several tools keep your thoughts flowing.
Better listings on search engines
The advanced search engines will give your business more exposure and engage with the right audience. You need to look for competitive keywords that provide you with focused strategies.
Target right audience
It goes without saying that when you create a website, you want to engage with the right audience to be successful. The keywords give you a clear idea.
Gain insights about PPC and SEO
If you are doing Pay-Per-Click campaigns which gives you the flexibility of choosing the keywords. The more you pay, the better the attention you get. You get to know the difference between organic and non-organic traffic. The right keywords will bring potential traffic to your platform.
An ecommerce keyword research is the best approach and strategy for your online content. With the right list, you can dominate your industry. Use the right tools and techniques to boost traffic and generate revenue.