How to Create ads account on Linkedin
LinkedIn Ads provides a powerful platform for businesses and professionals to reach a targeted audience and promote their products or services. To leverage the full potential of LinkedIn’s advertising capabilities, you need to create an ads account. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of creating an ads account on LinkedIn, ensuring that you can effectively launch and manage your advertising campaigns on the platform. To create an advertising account on LinkedIn and start running ads, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your LinkedIn account: Go to www.linkedin.com and sign in using your LinkedIn credentials.
- Access the LinkedIn Campaign Manager: Once you’re logged in, click on the “Work” icon in the top right corner of the LinkedIn homepage, and select “Advertise” from the dropdown menu. This will take you to the LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
- Set up your advertising account: In the LinkedIn Campaign Manager, click on the “Create Account” button to begin setting up your advertising account.
- Enter account details: Provide the required information to set up your advertising account. This typically includes your account name, currency preference, time zone, and payment method. Ensure that the account name is descriptive and easily identifiable.
- Configure your billing information: Enter the necessary billing information, such as your credit card details or payment method of choice. LinkedIn accepts various payment methods, including credit cards and PayPal. Follow the prompts to complete the billing setup.
- Define your campaign objectives: After setting up your advertising account, you’ll be prompted to define your campaign objectives. Select the primary goal you want to achieve with your ads, such as brand awareness, website visits, engagement, lead generation, or video views. This helps LinkedIn optimize your campaign based on your chosen objective.
- Create your ad campaign: Follow the prompts to create your ad campaign. You’ll need to provide details such as the campaign name, ad format (sponsored content, text ads, or message ads), targeting criteria (location, demographics, job titles, etc.), and budget. LinkedIn offers various ad formats, so choose the one that best aligns with your campaign goals and target audience.
- Set your ad budget and schedule: Specify your daily or total campaign budget, as well as the campaign duration. LinkedIn allows you to set both a daily budget and a total budget for your campaign. Additionally, you can choose to run your ads continuously or specify start and end dates.
- Create your ad content: Depending on the ad format you selected, you’ll need to create the ad content. This may include writing compelling ad copy, selecting engaging images or videos, and adding relevant landing page URLs. Follow the guidelines provided by LinkedIn to ensure your ad content meets their specifications.
- Review and launch your campaign: Before launching your campaign, review all the details to ensure accuracy. Check that your targeting criteria, budget, ad content, and URLs are all correct. Once you’re satisfied, click the “Launch Campaign” button to submit your ads for review.
- Ad review and approval: After submitting your ads, LinkedIn will review them to ensure they comply with their advertising policies. This review process typically takes a few business days. You’ll receive an email notification once your ads are approved, and they will start running according to your specified schedule.
- Once your ads are live, you can monitor their performance, make optimizations as needed, and track key metrics using the LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
We then guided you through the process of accessing the LinkedIn Campaign Manager, where you can set up and manage your ads account. We discussed the necessary steps, such as selecting your advertising objective, defining your target audience, and setting a budget for your campaigns. We also explored the different ad formats available on LinkedIn, including sponsored content, text ads. LinkedIn also offers additional advertising features and options, such as retargeting, audience expansion, and audience templates. Explore these features to further refine your targeting and maximize the effectiveness of your LinkedIn ad campaigns.