How to Create Sponsored InMail Campaign on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a professional networking platform that offers various advertising options to help businesses connect with their target audience. One such option is Sponsored InMail, which enables you to send personalized messages directly to LinkedIn members’ inboxes. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of creating an effective Sponsored InMail campaign on LinkedIn, allowing you to engage with your audience in a direct and impactful way.
These are the steps to create a sponsored Inmail campaign on LinkedIn:
- Sign in to your LinkedIn Campaign Manager: Go to www.linkedin.com and sign in to your LinkedIn advertising account.
- Access the LinkedIn Campaign Manager: Click on the “Work” icon in the top right corner of the LinkedIn homepage and select “Advertise” from the dropdown menu. This will take you to the LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
- Create a new campaign: In the Campaign Manager, click on the “Create Campaign” button to start creating a new campaign.
- Select the campaign objective: Choose the objective that aligns with your marketing goals. For Sponsored InMail campaigns, common objectives include lead generation, event promotion, or content distribution.
- Choose the ad format: Select the “Sponsored InMail” format for your campaign.
Set up your campaign details:
1. Campaign name: Provide a name for your campaign to easily identify it.
2. Language and location: Specify the language and geographical location(s) you want to target with your ads.
3. Audience targeting: Define the characteristics of your target audience, such as job titles, industries, company size, or interests. You can also use saved audiences or create a new audience based on your targeting criteria.
4. Budget and schedule: Set your daily or total campaign budget, as well as the start and end dates of your campaign.
Create your sponsored email:
1. Subject line: Craft an engaging subject line that entices recipients to open your message. Make it personalized and relevant to the recipient.
2. Message content: Write a personalized and compelling message that will be sent directly to the LinkedIn inboxes of your target audience. Tailor the content to resonate with your audience and include a clear call-to-action.
3. Personalization tokens: You can use personalization tokens to dynamically insert the recipient’s name or other personalized information into the message to make it more relevant.
4. Media attachments (optional): You can include media attachments such as images or videos to enhance your message and capture attention.
5. Preview your Sponsored InMail: Review the preview of your message to ensure it looks visually appealing and the messaging is clear.
Set up tracking and conversion tracking:
Add a call-to-action (CTA):
Choose a CTA button that aligns with your campaign goals, such as “Learn More,” “Register,” or “Download.”
Conversion tracking (optional):
If you want to track conversions from your ad, set up conversion tracking by adding LinkedIn Insight Tag to your website. This allows you to measure the impact of your campaign and optimize for better results.
Review and launch your campaign:
Before launching your campaign, review all the details to ensure accuracy. Check your targeting settings, ad content, budget, and schedule. Once you’re satisfied, click the “Launch Campaign” button to submit your campaign for review.
Ad review and approval:
After submitting your campaign, LinkedIn will review it to ensure it complies with their advertising policies. This review process typically takes a few business days. You’ll receive an email notification once your campaign is approved, and your Sponsored InMail messages will start appearing in the LinkedIn inboxes of your target audience.
Monitor and optimize your campaign:
Once your campaign is live, monitor its performance in the LinkedIn Campaign Manager. Keep an eye on key metrics such as delivery rate, open rate, click-through rate (CTR), and conversions. Make any necessary optimizations to improve the performance and achieve your campaign goals.
Creating a successful Sponsored InMail campaign on LinkedIn requires thoughtful planning, personalized messaging, and continuous optimization. By leveraging the power of direct messaging, you can establish meaningful connections with your target audience, drive engagement, and achieve your marketing goals on the LinkedIn platform. Regularly analyze the data, test different messaging variations, and make adjustments as needed to maximize the effectiveness of your Sponsored InMail campaign on LinkedIn.