How to Increase our Product Ranking on Amazon
The product search algorithm on Amazon is totally different from that on Google. Results from a buyer’s search for a product on Amazon are shown in two steps. They first collect pertinent results from their database and then order them by relevance. There are several things you can do to increase your product ranking on Amazon:
- Make sure your product listings are optimized. Use relevant, targeted keywords in your titles and descriptions, and include high-quality product images.
- Encourage customer reviews. Amazon uses customer reviews as a major factor in determining product ranking, so the more positive reviews you have, the higher your ranking will be.
- Offer competitive prices. Amazon customers are price-sensitive, so offering a competitive price can help increase your sales and improve your ranking.
- Improve your fulfillment methods. Amazon prioritizes products that are available for Prime shipping, so consider using Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) or offering free shipping.
- Utilize Amazon advertising. Sponsored product ads can help increase the visibility for your products, leading to more sales and a higher ranking.
- Monitor your competition. Keep an eye on what other sellers in your category are doing and try to stay ahead of the curve.
Amazon seeks to increase sales to each consumer. They analyze their algorithms continuously “using programmatic analysis, important business indicators, and performance measures,” as well as human judgments. By following these tips, you should be able to improve your product ranking on Amazon and increase your sales.