Step-by-Step Proven Ecommerce SEO Strategy
Why Ecommerce SEO Matters
- As per the research by nChannel, 44% of people use Google to start their online shopping journey.
- A survey by SEMrush reveals that 37.5% of all ecommerce traffic comes from search engines.
- A study by Business Insider suggests that 23.6% of ecommerce orders are directly related to organic traffic.
Search engines play a crucial role to engage your customers, driving them to your website and making conversions.
If your ecommerce website doesn’t rank higher on Google or Bing SERPs, you should worry about it.
That is why you need a robust, comprehensive, and well-designed ecommerce SEO strategy for your website.
In this post, we will discuss some of the ecommerce SEO tips that can help you design an end-to-end, customized, and superior ecommerce SEO strategy for your business.
Ecommerce Keyword Research
Finding the right keywords for your ecommerce SEO is a must thing. You just simply cannot do anything without the right keywords. For example, if you don’t have keywords, you will simply not be able to optimize your product pages, category pages, and images.
Not just that, your keyword list also affects your technical SEO too as you will be using keywords in your site architecture and URLs.
You need to hire the best ecommerce SEO company with years of experience and expertise to conduct in-depth keyword research for your business. It is a stepping stone of your ecommerce SEO strategy planning.
You need to remember here to focus on keywords that are product searches rather than informational keywords.
- The best way to find keywords for your ecommerce website is Amazon. Yes, Amazon is your biggest competitor, but it is also the largest ecommerce site and can prove to be a goldmine for product keywords.
- All you need to do is visit Amazon and enter a keyword describing your product-related information. You will come across suggestions, and BANG!
- You have your product keywords right in front of you.
- All you need to do is check out these keyword suggestions for all your products.
- Another advantage of using Amazon for keyword research is that you will have all long-tail keywords which convert better than shorter terms.
- There are other keyword research tools available that you can use, such as Keyword Tool Dominator, SEMrush, Google Keyword Planner, etc.
- Not just that, you can also check out your competitors and keywords that they are using to rank higher on search engines. You can directly use those keywords that are ranking well.
Ecommerce Website Architecture
Site architecture is a systematic arrangement of web pages arranged and organized for a particular website. It is crucial for any website’s SEO, but for ecommerce sites, it is of utmost importance.
The core reason why ecommerce website architecture is vital is the number of pages an ecommerce website has compared to simple websites.
Hence, you need site architecture that makes it easy for your users and search engines to find everything they want on pages. When you design an ecommerce site SEO strategy, keep in mind site architecture, and half the battle is won.
When setting up your ecommerce website architecture, you need to keep two things in mind.
- The first thing is to keep all things simple and highly scalable.
- The second thing is to ensure that a user can reach any page within three or fewer clicks from the homepage
If your website architecture is not simple and scalable, it will complicate things, and users will also find it boring to browse categories and products.
On-Page SEO for Ecommerce Website
Once you have your keywords and site architecture set up, now is the time to optimize your category and product pages. Optimizing your products and category pages is of utmost importance.When it comes to product and category page optimization, the first thing is the title tag.
You need to use the targeted keyword in your page’s title tag, but not just that. You also need to add some modifiers to get more long-tail searches.
For example, if your target keyword is: wireless headphones
Now, you can use modifiers such as cheap, deals, reviews, best, online, free shipping, etc.
Your title tag should be like:
The best cheap wireless headphones online
The best online wireless headphones with reviews
Also, you can boost CTR by using “X% off” or “lowest price”.
When it comes to description tags, it is very vital for your on-page SEO.You can use different phrases such as free shipping, greatest collection, all our items are on sale, get the best price, etc.
Product and Category Page Content
You need to write at least 1000+ words of content for each product and category page. Hire the best ecommerce SEO services for content writing.
Not just that, you also need to add your target keyword at least 3 to 5 times. Adding LSI keywords in your content will also help Google crawlers understand the page’s relevancy.
Technical SEO for Ecommerce
Technical SEO is vital for your ecommerce website, and you can do it by using different SEO tools such as SEMrush, DeepCrawl, ScreamingFrog, Site Condor, and Ahrefs. A technical SEO audit will help you find SEO issues that might affect the rankings on search results. Hire the best SEO services for ecommerce websites to get the technical SEO audit done.
Having a comprehensive ecommerce SEO strategy is very crucial for your ecommerce business. The competition is getting tougher with each passing day, and you need to have all your weapons and strategies ready to counter any issues you might face. Planning and implementing a good ecommerce SEO strategy will help you get the best relevant traffic for your ecommerce website and to convert them into sales.