How to create Sponsored Content Campaign on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a professional social media platform that allows businesses to connect with potential customers and partners. One way to do this is by creating Sponsored Content campaigns. Sponsored Content campaigns allow businesses to promote their content to a wider audience on LinkedIn. To create a Sponsored Content campaign on LinkedIn, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your LinkedIn Campaign Manager: Go to www.linkedin.com and sign in to your LinkedIn advertising account.
- Access the LinkedIn Campaign Manager: Click on the “Work” icon in the top right corner of the LinkedIn homepage and select “Advertise” from the dropdown menu. This will take you to the LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
- Create a new campaign: In the Campaign Manager, click on the “Create Campaign” button to start creating a new campaign.
- Select the campaign objective: Choose the objective that aligns with your marketing goals. For Sponsored Content campaigns, common objectives include brand awareness, website visits, engagement, lead generation, or video views.
- Choose the ad format: Select the “Sponsored Content” ad format for your campaign.
- Set up your campaign details:
- Campaign name: Provide a name for your campaign to easily identify it.
- Language and location: Specify the language and geographical location(s) you want to target with your ads.
- Audience targeting: Define the characteristics of your target audience, such as job titles, industries, company size, or interests. You can also use saved audiences or create a new audience based on your targeting criteria.
- Budget and schedule: Set your daily or total campaign budget, as well as the start and end dates of your campaign.
- Choose the content for your ad:
- Select a post: Choose an existing organic post from your LinkedIn Company Page or create a new post specifically for the campaign. Ensure the post has engaging content and compelling visuals to attract your target audience.
- Ad format: Decide whether you want to use a single image, a carousel of multiple images, or a video for your Sponsored Content ad.
- Headline and description: Customize the headline and description that appear with your ad. Craft persuasive copy that entices users to click and engage with your content.
- Preview your ad: Review the preview of your ad to ensure it looks visually appealing and the messaging is clear.
- Set up tracking and conversion tracking:
- Add a call-to-action (CTA): Choose a CTA button that aligns with your campaign goals, such as “Learn More,” “Download,” or “Register.”
- Destination URL: Enter the URL where users will be directed when they click on your ad. It could be a specific landing page or relevant content on your website.
- Conversion tracking (optional): If you want to track conversions from your ad, set up conversion tracking by adding LinkedIn Insight Tag to your website. This allows you to measure the impact of your campaign and optimize for better results.
- Review and launch your campaign: Before launching your campaign, review all the details to ensure accuracy. Check your targeting settings, ad content, budget, and schedule. Once you’re satisfied, click the “Launch Campaign” button to submit your campaign for review.
- Ad review and approval: After submitting your campaign, LinkedIn will review it to ensure it complies with their advertising policies. This review process typically takes a few business days. You’ll receive an email notification once your campaign is approved, and your Sponsored Content will start appearing in the LinkedIn feeds of your target audience.
- Monitor and optimize your campaign: Once your campaign is live, monitor its performance in the LinkedIn Campaign Manager. Keep an eye on key metrics such as impressions, clicks, click-through rates (CTR), and conversions. Make any necessary optimizations to improve the performance and achieve your campaign goals.
Creating a Sponsored Content campaign on LinkedIn is a great way to promote your content to a wider audience and reach your target audience. By following the steps outlined above, businesses can create effective Sponsored Content campaigns that help them achieve their marketing goals. Remember to regularly analyze the data, test different ad variations, and make adjustments as needed to maximize the effectiveness of your Sponsored Content campaign on LinkedIn.