How to Create and Segment Remarketing Audiences in Google Ads:
A very minute percentage of your website visitors convert to leads and take the desired action. Normally the conversion percentage is 1-3%, meaning the rest 97-99% of your website visitors visit your website, you do know of their existence but they did not contact you or buy your product. There can be a number of reasons behind this. Just to make sure that these visitors convert to leads, one must remarket their brand in front of these visitors, so they are compelled to take some or the other action. To set up a remarketing audience on Google Ads, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Google Ads account at https://ads.google.com/home/
- Click on the “Tools & Settings” menu in the top right corner of the page.
- Under the “Shared Library” section, select “Audience Manager“.
- Click on the blue “+” button to create a new audience.
- Select “Website Traffic” as your audience source.
- Give your audience a name and select the membership duration, which is how long you want to keep users on your audience list.
- Choose the remarketing tag option that suits you. You can either add the tag manually to your website’s HTML or use Google Tag Manager.
- Once the tag is implemented, wait for the audience to build up over time.
- Once your audience is ready, you can use it to create a remarketing campaign by selecting the audience from the campaign’s targeting options.
You can also create more advanced remarketing audiences by using additional audience sources like YouTube or Google Analytics data. Setting up Google analytics will help you keep a record of every visitor that lands on your website and that is how you can remarket them to generate revenue for your business. Google Ads provides additional information and guidance on how to set up these advanced audiences.